- Boundary phenomena and variability in Japanese high vowel devoicing.(with Morgan Sonderegger). To appear in Natural Language and Linguistic Theory.
- Speech production planning affects phonological variability: a case study in French liaison. To appear in the Proceedings of the Annual Meeting on Phonology 2016, October 21-23, 2016. University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. [lingbuzz]
- The effect of production planning locality on external sandhi: A study in /t/. (with Michael Wagner & Meghan Clayards).To appear in the Proceedings of the 52nd Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society, April 21-23, 2016. University of Chicago, Chicago, IL. [lingbuzz]
- Embedded exhaustification: evidence from almost. Journal of Semantics. [read online] doi: 10.1093/jos/ffw002
- Phase domains at PF: Root suppletion and its implications.(with Heather Newell, Maire Noonan & Lisa Travis). To appear in Heidi Harley and Daniel Siddiqi (eds), Morphological metatheory. Amsterdam: John Benjamins. [abstract]
- Almost: scope and covert exhaustification. Proceedings of the 32nd West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics. 121-30. Cascadilla Proceedings Project: Somerville, MA. [pdf]
- "Speech production planning affects variability in connected speech." 2016 Annual Meeting on Phonology, October 21-23, 2016. University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. [slides]
- "Locality and variability in cross-word alternations: a production planning account" (with Michael Wagner & Meghan Clayards). (poster) 15th Meeting of the Association for Laboratory Phonology (LabPhon 15), July 13-16, 2016. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. [poster pdf].
- "The effect of production planning locality on external sandhi: A study in /t/" (with Michael Wagner & Meghan Clayards). 52nd Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society, April 21-23, 2016. University of Chicago, Chicago, IL.
- "The role of production planning in allophonic variability". October 2, 2015. Speech production, cognitive processes and big data workshop. Centre for Research on Brain, Language and Mind, Montreal, QC. [slides]
- "The influence of prosodic context on high vowel devoicing in spontaneous Japanese". 18th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences, August 10-14, 2015. SECC Glasgow, Scotland, UK. [slides]
- “The influence of prosodic boundaries on high vowel devoicing in Japanese” (poster). 14th Conference on Laboratory Phonology, July 25–27, 2014. National Institute for Japanese Linguistics.
- “Almost: scope and covert exhaustification”. Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal semantics workshop, April 12, 2014. University of Toronto. [handout - pdf]
- “Vowel devoicing in spontaneous Japanese”. Montreal-Ottawa- Laval-Toronto phonology workshop, March 22–23, 2014. McGill University.
- “Almost: scope and covert exhaustification”. 32nd West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics, March 7–9, 2014. University of Southern California.
- “Almost evaluating propositional alternatives”. 2013 Meeting of the Canadian Linguistic Association, June 1–3, 2013. University of Victoria.
- “Refining the typology of scalar particles: evidence from Spanish ni and ni siquiera”. Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal semantics workshop, March 23, 2013. McGill University.
- “Feature-Changing Rules are Necessary” (with Eric Iacono & Charles Reiss) . Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto phonology workshop.
- Mailing Address
Department of Linguistics
1085 Dr. Penfield
Montreal (QC) H3A 1A7
autumn @ camel's hump, vt
mont-royal, montreal, qc